How to make Sachets and Scrunch Hanger
Much too cute! These are quick and easy to do. Plus I had
fun doing it. Would make whimsical ornaments for a Christmas Tree, You gals who are Crafters should be able
to make a bunch and sell them at your next Craft Fair.
This fabric is one of my many teapot fabrics
You will need:
Contrast Fabric for Sachets
You can make these with any BIG DESIGN fabric!
1)Use an inexpensive plastic hanger, thin enough to cut easily
but not flimsy. Cut through one side of the place where the hanger meets the
"triangle." This will make threading the fabric tube easy.
2) I used four 3"x42" cuts of fabric to make the scrunch for the
hanger. I did not stuff it. If you'd like to...it's your decision. Join the long
pieces together and then sew a long tube using a 1/4" seam. NOTE: if you
use a more substantial hanger you will probably need cuts that are wider.
3)Turn the tube and scrunch it onto the hanger with the closed end of the tube
at the hook. Once happy with the scrunch, push out the plastic end and hot glue
it into the joint of the triangle pinching the scrunch around it. It covers up
4) Twist the scrunch on the hook and hot glue "here and
there" to keep the twist in place. Decorate with a ribbon or lace bow
5) Once that is set glue the Creamer in the center of the glass plate that is on
top of the Sugar Bowl. DONE!
1)I made these Sachets quickly from the large teapots in one
of my fabrics.
I cut around the Teapot and left a fat 1/4" so that when I seamed and
turned the lace could be topstitched close to the pot. I suggest you cut around
using 3/8" to 1/2" instead. This will make the topstitch easier.
2) The teapots are the face of the sachet. You can use an alternate fabric for
the back. Seam, turn and press. Leave the bottom open for turning and spooning in
the PotPourri. I made my own with Lavender and Roses mix from my garden or you
can use store bought.
3) Spoon in a few spoons of PotPourri and if you are using lace, topstitch the lace around the edge.
Tuck a loop of ribbon under the lace at the top and hand stitch.
4) Hot glue the bow at the bottom. You're done. Cute!