I had the best time making this quilt!|
|Last year I purchased a bunch of Lori Holt's Teapots Quilt Kit.
They are ALL GONE; but the joy lingers on.
I don't like to copy other people's
work. I used her instructions as a project guide and some of the kit's
fabrics mixed with mine. I changed the dimensions to fit the display space
I had decided. Lots and lots of fun!
is her original design. First off I wanted a smaller quilt, secondly I
wanted a dental edge and thirdly I wanted "softer" teapots. Also
I had decided I was going to handwork the quits. Yes, the project needed
to be changed. My idea of fun.
||I first made a paper pattern w/slight
||Then I chose two fabrics for a trial teapot.
Pinned and hand basted the pieces in
place to make sure I was truly happy with the look. Then turned it into a pillow for my office chair.
|After I made the trial teapot I paired the
kit's fabrics along with mine and cut nine teapots. I hand basted them
to their rectangular quilt placement blocks using background fabric. I opted
to make a hanging quilt with 9 teapots rather than the 15 suggested.
The lower left pix shows one of the teapots pined in place. NOTE: I tucked
the edges under before hand sewing. On the right is
the same teapot after it was
||This is the finished quilt field. Rather bland
with out a colorful edge.
Using some of the remaining kit fabric along with my scraps (I have lots of
scraps) I made a dental edge. I
used a bright multi-colored tea bag fabric as a divider between the quilt field and edge
band and as a teeny tiny
edge turn accent to match the back. The quilt makes me smile.
Use the photos as a guide for you to create your own pleasing teapot quilt.
Here are some more photos to help you create pattern pieces