All the Kits are Gone but the Joy Lingers On|
I purchased a few kits to share, made one and sold the rest.
Sorry, all of the kits have sold.
|Here's the Quilt Kit Project Photo
||Here's what I made. Changed a bit
|Riley Blake's Teapots Quilt Kit (Lori Holt's
design) had an adorable Keepsake Box which I'm using for
Since I don't like to copy other people's
work used the instructions as a project guide rather that
a must. It's was lots of fun.
|It was a piece work project that I turned
into appliqué. I slightly changed the pots as well.
Using the measurements given I made a paper pattern first. Slight changes.
|| I chose two fabrics from the shelf to make a
Pinned and hand basted the pieces in
place to make sure I was truly happy with the look. Then turned it into a pillow for my office chair.
|After I made the trial teapot I paired the
kit's fabrics and cut the teapot pieces; hand basted them
to their rectangular quilt placement blocks using background fabric. I opted
to make a hanging quilt with 9 teapots rather than the 15 suggested. I made
placemats with the remaining teapots
The lower left pix shows one of the teapots pined in place. On the right is
the same teapot that I've begun to hand sew. Below on the left is the 9
||When you look at the pix you can see that the quilt field is rather bland without an edge.
Since the plan was to put this on the living room wall where my husband's tie quilt was I felt a square-ish quilt
was more suited to the room and to the space on the wall. I have lots and
lots of scraps!
Using some of the kit fabric along with my scraps I made a dental edge. I
used a bright multi-colored tea bag fabric as a divider between the quilt field and edge
band and as a teeny tiny
edge turn accent to match the back. The quilt makes me smile.
Use the photos as a guide for you to create your own pleasing teapot quilt.